Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Pastor's Desire for Evangelism

Thabiti Anyabwile is a pastor and contributor to the Gospel Coalition. He has written several books and his ministry is well known, yet he finds himself convicted to share the gospel more. We can learn a lot from this kind of devotion in the bothers and sisters around us! In a recent post he shares an encouraging testimony and some wisdom on day to day evangelism.

"...I’m learning again that faithful evangelism requires putting to death the fear of man. Will I ever stop having that halting tightness in my chest? Will those hesitation-inducing thoughts of rejection and offense ever fade away? You know, probably not. I’m likely to always feel some hesitation and some fear of man when it comes to evangelism. But what am I going to do? Not share the greatest news the world has ever received? No. I’m going to remember Romans 1:16, Philemon 6, and Hebrews 10:38-39, and other such texts which encourage, admonish, promise, and guide."...

The rest can be read by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment