Tuesday, February 5, 2013

God Made a Farmer



Amidst a storm of horribly inappropriate commercials during this last Superbowl Sunday was a tribute to farmers by Dodge. It stands out as the most serious and heartfelt commercial I can remember during a Superbowl. But I'm not sure of my thoughts on it yet. My hesitation comes from the knowledge that many Americans will take for granted that God and farmers go together because of some sort of cultural affiliation and nothing more. God made farmers, stay and home moms, and business men alike! Please see my other post on pursuing God no matter what vocation you end up in. We are all born in sin and are separated from God apart from faith in Jesus Christ. Associating farming with faith can be dangerous for future generations and give people the wrong idea of Christianity as an American conservative cultural characteristic rather than a real life changing encounter with a living God. Yet, I still am thankful for farmers and they deserve a tribute from those of us who benefit from their hard work. In that way I enjoy this ad and the heart behind it. Give it a view and see what you think. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!